Thursday, May 21, 2020

chapter 4

Didi's wedding was important and so was my Baba. Don't know how but selfishly I decided to leave my sad maiden family and join the happy in laws. Everything went well. Didi was happy with her new life in the same city as her parents.  Baba came out of the icu. I still have to hear from everyone that I left my parents when I was needed there. And I a seven months pregnant women had only one thing in my mind... my baby. Whenever someone came home and asked about Baba, Maa used to cry her heart out. And I kept thinking how my baby would be reacting inside.
Well, by God's grace Adi got another job. He left me with his parents this time.
I can't decide whether pregnancy is more painful or the post pregnancy rituals in our country.
The last two months of my pregnancy were spent by me on a slanting bed all the time and a unbearably painful injection every alternate day. But all this could not make me as mad as the non bathing 40 days of post delivery did. I was sick of eating just daal and chapati after a long tedious day and don't know how many sleepless nights. Those 40 days just changed my existence.  I came back to stay with Adi once mishti was 2 months old. Things were not the same. I was a different person altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment